Ladies and Gentlemen,
On behalf of the organizers, I’m proud to announce the 13th Annual Higgyball Memorial Bocce Ball Tournament. This year will mark the 10th anniversary of bocce mayhem at the home of Marc and Danielle Tincher. Don’t hesitate to pass on your gratitude for their hard work, kindness, and hospitality over the last decade!
By now I would assume that we all know the drill pretty well, but for those who may need it, I’ll be happy to remind you.
1. In our constant attempt to improve things every year, we’ve done away with the clunky old listserv and created a shiny new post alert system that will be mailed directly to your inbox from www.higgyball.com. Please spread the word to interested parties; there’s a post on the front page for others to sign up.
2. Team registration (2 players per team) will occur at 12:00 noon on Sunday, May 1st. Go to www.higgyball.com to register. $10 per team will be charged through PayPal as an entry fee to cover expenses. Last year’s top 4 teams will be granted an automatic spot, BUT STILL NEED TO REGISTER AND PAY (they’ll receive the registration link prior to May 1st). A total of 28 teams will be granted entry into the tournament.
3. Registration sometimes fills up quickly. In the event that our bracket fills up, a waiting list will be opened. If you are unable to enter your team due to a full bracket, be sure to sign up on the waiting list. Waiting list teams have won the tourney in the past!
4. H13 will be held on Saturday May 28th, 2016 at 11:00 AM at the Tincher homestead in Oxford, Ohio. An address and directions will be provided on the website. We will reserve Sunday, May 29th as a “rain day”.
5. Be sure to sign up in the Food Registry! It takes an awful lot of food to feed everybody twice during the day.
6. Send us pics of you and/or your loved ones wearing your Higgyball swag throughout the year and tell us where you were. We’ll add it to our “Where Have Your Balls Been” page on Higgyball Online. Also be sure to send us any pics from last years tournament.
7. Grab your favorite H13 souvenir T-shirt. There are some great designs to choose from this year for both the ladies and gents! T-shirt sales will close May 15th in order to have it all printed by the tourney.
8. Once logged in to Higgyball Online, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of this year’s soundtrack! Use the Music Registry form in the right sidebar and supply us with your favorite song!
9. In an effort to increase public safety, we’d like to encourage participants to stay the night and camp. This year we’ll be promoting a “tent city” atmosphere which could make for a very fun after party. This being said, we are also discussing the possibilities of a shuttle system. If you are planning to be a sober guest at this year’s event and would be interested in running a shuttle, please contact Andy, Mark, Nate, or myself.
10. If you haven’t contacted or found your partner, now is the time to do so. We have a Free Agents page for those needs.
So, polish your balls, spit-shine your medals, and lay out your jerseys. It’s officially bocce season, folks!
Expect to hear more from your friendly, neighborhood Council members soon!