A few things to go over before the big day next weekend:
- We’ll use Scoresheet mobile app again! You can see how it works at http://app.higgyball.com. At the event, the app connects to the server on the deck to see live updates for scores, standings, the map, the rules, MVP voting, and photo uploading on your smartphone (we have a Wi-Fi network for the app, but no internet, FYI). Spectators can use it to follow the progress of the event. Teams don’t have to use the app (all match information goes through the Deck Manager anyway), but it’s a fun thing to have available nonetheless. Let Mark know if you have any questions.
- Don’t forget the tent city. We encourage people to camp out after the event (weather permitting). Bring your tent or small camper and we’ll make sure to have a setup break during the day. Leave a comment on this post if you plan to camp out. People that are camping out should also read the next bullet point.
- We need a cleanup crew! You people make a big mess, and our gracious hosts need extra help this year for cleaning up the morning after the event. Please signup for the Cleanup Crew, and we’ll be forever thankful. Campers would be an ideal fit for the Cleanup Crew, since you’re already there.
- We need ice! The Food Registry is mostly claimed–great job–but everyone should count on bringing a small bag of ice or two to contribute to the communal ice bin. It’s usually pretty hot at Higgyball, so please bring what you can.
- Keep your eyes on the weather here. At the moment, a possible shower or storm is predicted. We will play through everything we can, so you may want to bring a poncho, rain jacket, or umbrella.
- H13 checklist: chairs, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, cooler, bocce set, coozie, food, beverage(s).