A few things to go over before the big day next weekend:
- We have two spots left, and a registrant on the Free Agent list. If you’re still looking to play, check it out and sign up before the spots run out.
- We’ll use Scoresheet mobile app again! You can see how it works at http://app.higgyball.com (we’ll be using a different local version of the app at the event, so no need to save the URL). At the event, the app connects to the server on the deck to see live updates for scores, standings, the map, the rules, MVP voting, and photo uploading on your smartphone (we have a Wi-Fi network for the app, but no internet, FYI). Spectators can use it to follow the progress of the event. Teams don’t have to use the app (all match information goes through the Deck Manager anyway), but it’s a fun thing to have available nonetheless. Let me know if you have any questions.
- Please review the Rules before the event. Also, here’s the field map:
- Here’s a link to the event location. If that doesn’t work, it’s at 7650 King Rd, Oxford, OH 45056.
- Don’t forget the tent city. We encourage people to camp out after the event (weather permitting). Bring your tent or small camper and we’ll make sure to have a setup break during the day. Leave a comment on this post if you plan to camp out.
- Keep your eyes on the weather here. At the moment, a possible storm is predicted, but that’ll change 10 times between now and then. We will play through everything we can, so you may want to bring a poncho, rain jacket, or umbrella.
- H14 checklist: chairs, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, cooler, bocce set (did you pledge your balls?), coozie, food, beverages.
- Last, but certainly not least, let’s all try and prevent House Team from winning again. Seriously.