We’re just a few days away from Higgyball, so stretch those joints and ready those coozies. Here are just a few reminders to ensure you have a good Higgyball experience:
- BE ON TIME! Reminder for the address: 7650 King Rd. Oxford, OH 45056. The event starts at 11:00am, so be there before then, especially if you’re on a team. Speaking of teams, take a look at the rules. Newcomers should familiarize themselves with how we run things. As usual, we’ll run everything through a computer on the deck, so you can see field assignments and standings on the big screen. Teams should check in at the deck computer when you arrive (this is especially important because we need all teams present to begin the tournament). If you’re ridiculously late, we’ll give you a loss for your first round match-up. If you know you will be late, please let someone know long before the start of the event.
- If you’ve signed up and your plans have changed regarding Higgyball, please let me know, and you’ll get your money back. If someone bows out the day of the event, we’ll take any replacements that are at Higgyball to fill the spot. If you would like to play and have yet to sign up, click here for the waitlist.
- If you pledged your balls to Higgyball, please bring your bocce sets with you, and check in with a council member for field assignment. We’ll do our best to make sure you leave with the same balls you arrived with.
- The weather looks to be close to perfect, but if needed, the rain backup date is Sunday, May 28, 2023. Any teams that cannot make that date will get a refund.
- Items to bring: water, sunscreen, bocce set(s), food items to share, lawn chairs, water, bug spray, sunglasses, tape measure, rain gear, swim suit and towel, and water.
- Ice! It’s so important, it needs its own section. Please bring a large bag or two of ice to throw in the giant communal beverage tubs.
- Just like recent years, parking is now in the big field to the left of the driveway (rather than on the right as in years past). Just park where everyone else is parked.
- Lastly, check out the Higgyball Dry Goods store for cool swag. Do it!